Thursday, November 28, 2013

Late November

11/28/13
I must say for the majority of the year I was looking forward to Thursday, November 28, 2013. Well the day comes and the feelings towards it dwindle. No family close by, a day at work, no woman. But then I look to the sun and realize I'm not here to rely on other people. I'm on this floating rock alone. Yes, maybe people love me but in reality how is it that I'm supposed to live a fulfilling life unless I do it myself. That's what everyone else has done in the past and will do in the future. Today, I have no regrets. Today, I will not sink into a drunken despair.  Today, I am strong and thankful for the people that choose to be in my life. I am happy that I have a chance at a future i can be proud of and that I am still young enough to make all my dreams a reality. Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks. What I am thankful for is the strength I have found in myself to persevere, even through the toughest most downtrodden times.

11/10/14
Right on past Thomas. One thing that you failed to mention in this past post was that the week before you had an amazing thanksgiving dinner with friends and family. We had a potluck thanksgiving, at your house, and it was a great success, leading to a concert of The Green at the Catalyst with some of the best people ever. Just remember that even though that date, November 28th 2013, was spent alone, you actually had one of the most amazing thanksgivings with some of the best people in the world. Count your blessings, not your sad times dude

No comments:

Post a Comment